· "Putin, Masculinity and Protests in 2011/2012: Why the Spectacle is Falling Apart." To be presented at the Association for Slavic and East European Studies, New Orleans, November 15, 2012.
· “Gender in Russia: An Issue That Won’t Go Away.” Invited lecture, Davis Center Workshop (Harvard), “Everyday Life in the Soviet Union,” August 2012.
· “Putin, Masculinity and Protests in 2011/2012: Why the Spectacle is Falling Apart.” M.I.T. Center for International Studies; Notre Dame University, February 2012.
· Roundtable, “Gender and Violence in Russia Across the Centuries.” Association for Slavic, East European and Eurasian Studies (ASEEES), November 2011.
· “Timelines as a Nexus for Pedagogy and Research.” THAT Conference New England, October 2011. Reviewed by Molly Ruggles, http://oeit.mit.edu/blog/THATCampNE.
· “The New Facade of Autocracy: Vladimir Putin and Hypermasculinity, 1999 to the Present.” Keynote Speech, Modern European Lunch, American Historical Association, January 2011. Also The Center for Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies, University of Michigan.