The History Faculty is soliciting nominations for the 2023 History Undergraduate Writing Prizes, honoring excellence in historical research and writing. The three awards of $300 each honor MIT historians John W. Dower, Pauline Maier, and Bruce Mazlish.
- MIT undergraduate students and non-MIT students who have completed a 21H subject in 2022-23
- Non-21H subjects are ineligible unless the instructor has a joint appointment with History and the subject is historical in content.
- Papers must be at least ten pages, double-spaced
- Papers must include the title
- Do not include your name, the subject number, or the subject title.
How to apply:
Send completed entry form and paper as a PDF to email@example.com
Thursday, June 1, 2023, 11:59pm EST. No late entries accepted.
A History Faculty committee will evaluate entries based on excellence in historical analysis, research, and writing.
The three winners will be notified by email, and their names will appear on the history website mid-June.
For more information, contact Meghan Pepin